Sunday, August 19, 2012

10dp5dt

You, my friends, are wonderful. I can't help being very very cautious. You know, among the signs I never mentioned, there's the fact that August cycles never brought good news when it came to pregnancies. I am trying, I swear, to tell myself this is ridiculous etc, but you know how it is.

Anyway, this morning I had a bit of brown spotting, nothing major, and certainly nothing that made me freak out as such, it could be the Personal Penguin nestling in of course, it could be that today would correspond to the change of the month, and of course it could be ectopic (but I am doing all I can to block this out of my mind). It could be that yesterday I was on my own with Oliver quite a bit and I just cannot not cuddle him and lift him when he wants me to hold him. He is a real baby we have, in my scale of priority he's a mile ahead of the potential one growing inside. Mike is being fantastic, he's doing a lot around the house (did I tell you we got finally someone to help with the house cleaning? She's on holiday now though) and handles Oliver's lifting, dressing, bathing etc since the day of the transfer, so I have as much time as I need to take it easy.

I of course tested again to see which way the line was going. I was quite prepared to see it vanishing, but it didn't, it's stronger. We are still talking quite significantly lighter than the control, but what can I expect when my value yesterday was 25?


Beta #2 tomorrow. If I compare numbers with Oliver's pregnancy, I think this looks at least a couple of days behind, unless beta pick up swiftly tomorrow. So this pregnancy lives to see another day. But I think (fear) its days are numbered.

9 comments:

Valery said...

You are right, lighter than control. But I think for me it took twins to get the test line that dark. This Penguin has been taking it slowly ever since defrosting I think. No matter what the numbers are it would be a miracle in its own right. Hoping and wishing the very best, and good for you and Mike he's proving that horrible transfer was a once off and that he is there for well, your whole little family!

tireegal68 said...

Wow! I step away from the blogs for a few days and you get a BFP and BWUB has her twins! These are definitely good signs! Such good news! Take it steady, I'm sure it's scary over there where you are. One day ( and one Beta ) at a time. Big hugs, my friend! Xoxo

TeeJay said...

It was only one day later and numbers usually take about 2 days to double so I wouldn't read too much into the shade of the line today. Still keeping my fingers crossed for you. I'm hopeful and excited but understand your fears. Sending you positive vibes for your test tomorrow.

Adele said...

Fran: WONDERFUL, WONDERFUL, WONDERFUL. I will write you more when we (finally) get internet. But for now: WONDERFUL:)

erika said...

Numbered? humm??? what are you talking about, Momma? I think The Personal Penguin is snuggling in there for a good 9 months to come;) Just to keep the facts in perspective for now: that line is totally getting darker and I bet it took shorter time to see it this morning! Chins up!!! I know it's the hardest to be in the wait-and-see game now and that you are just trying to keep your foot on the ground, but I think we are allowed to get excited for you;)

:- ) said...

I got a good feeling about this! Keep your head up. Be excited! :-)

Mrs. Misfits said...

I see it darker there, I am hoping hard for smooth sailing and that this 25 was just an early number that means nothing else.you are on step one, but it's a big one. Personal penguin, we are cheering for you!

nurslouisa said...

I'm sure you know this but FETs tend to have lower betas than fresh transfers so 25 is good ! Hang in there!

St Elsewhere said...

Gorgeous two lines!

Hoping the beta will double nicely!