Thursday, May 28, 2015

It's nearly time!

We are flying off for our US adventure tomorrow. So so exciting but also a bit sad having to say goodbye to colleagues and friends. Yes yes I know it's only 3 months and we'll be back, but with everything else going on on the job front I am not sure we'll be in Dublin much longer...I got yesterday an official email that I have been invited for interview on the 25th and 26th of June. I have to fly back to the UK (via Dublin, much cheaper and and I can just spend a couple of nights at home) in less than a month time! I have to prepare yet another presentation, let's hope for the best.

So we are leaving at lunch time, we have 3 small suitcases and a big one, we'll buy what we need in California if we are missing something, can't be bothered packing the whole house. Wish us well for the trip and I'll do my best to updated soon!

4 comments:

Heather said...

Good luck! I'm impressed you are getting my with so little luggage. That's impressive! Wishing you smooth travels. :-)

Valery said...

"goede reis" we say in Dutch, have a good trip!
Good luck with browsing recycle shops in California, and who knows what kind of expat exchange they have there. And sometimes you can just borrow household items for three months.
Have a good time, enjoy the weather and on to the future!

Momasita said...

Just seeing this now! I hope you had a safe trip and are settling into your new home away from home.

Mina said...

Hope you've already found your groove and rhythm by now. Looking forward to hearing more about your adjustement there. Best of luck!