Wednesday, July 29, 2009

No snow babies for us

Our three little fighters didn't actually make to to the freezer unfortunately.

The blast that had started to cavitate but didn't seem to be doing to well yesterday didn't progress, the other two compacting morulas have compacted today but the embryologist felt that the process was too slow to be good (day 6 you definitely should have blasts) so she didn't think freezing them was a good idea. I actually agree. Beside, two FETs didn't work for me, whether it is the preparation therapy that doesn't agree with my body or just bad luck, I rather have a fresh cycle.

Having said that, all my energies are with these two on board and again the embryologist said that they were "very good-looking blasts" above the rest of the group anyway, so fingers crossed!

I have been in bed-couch-bed most of the day, so I feel I'm giving this cycle the best chance ever! Tomorrow I'm going in for the intralipid IV which I'll visualise as food for the embryos! Doing quite a lot of relaxation and listening to post-transfer CD. No symptom spotting as it would do my head in!

9 comments:

niobe said...

Sigh. So sorry to hear this.

Thinking many good thoughts for you and the two on board.

Best When Used By said...

I guess it would have been nice to have some back-up frozen embies, but if they were not going to be top quality, then you are right, you're better off going with fresh. Glad to hear your mind is in a good place, that you are relaxing and pampering yourself and that you have two superstar embies nestling inside you. Now they might start burrowing and implanting in the next few days, so if you see a little spotting, it could be that, right? Don't panic. I hope your tranfusion goes well tomorrow. Thinking of you!

Momasita said...

Sorry about the frosties! Hugs.

Glad to hear your keeping focussed and laying about. Help those two you've got on board snuggle in. I've never heard of an intralipid iv, what does it do? (I've seen you mention it before, but forgot to ask)

BB said...

Sorry to not have any snow embies. But I beleive this cycle will work for you! You are pretty strong to be adamant about not testing. I just feel like I need to know before the nurse can blurt it out to me! My beta is a week from tomorrow! So not very far... but it feels like a milenium to me! :P Sticky embies to both of us! :) {HUGS} ...btw I have never been to Ireland... but I love it and want to visit sometime!

Mad Hatter said...

I'm sorry the snow babies didn't make it, Fran. You sound like you're doing very well, and I am so happy that you and your two beautiful embies are getting lots of R&R! Will be thinking of you tomorrow!

Flower said...

Sorry you have no snow babies... but you won't need them. The ones you transferred are going to give you that sticky BFP. Get plenty of rest. I listen to that CD too. Praying that you get your BFP soon. Are you testing early??????

Cathy said...

Still holding fast to the fact that the embies that are with mommy (I loved the title of your post before last!) will be here to say! Praying for you, anxiously awaiting your news. *Hugs*

Eileen said...

Sorry that they didn't make it to freeze :-(. Praying for BFPs for both of us cycle sister!

stacey said...

I'm so sorry about not having snow babies,but I am confident you've got a couple little embies snuggling in nice and tight right now!!